Under the direction of the Fire Chief, the Deputy Chief, who is the second in line of command, will plan for, direct, and oversee the support of the operations and divisions of the Mequon Fire Department. The Deputy Chief will assume the role of Fire Chief in the Chief’s absence and provide for administration and direction of the Fire Department. This position may oversee all activities and services relating to: Department training programs, facilities, communications, staff management, budget management, equipment allocation, and the inspection bureau.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor's degree or master's degree in fire administration or a related field (administration, leadership, emergency management, etc.) with a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible fire service experience with a minimum of two (2) years holding a Captain rank or higher. Additionally, the following certifications are required:
- Will hold a valid driver's license in the State of Wisconsin or acquire one within 30 days of appointment
- Is certified in Wisconsin as a Firefighter I & II
- Is certified in Wisconsin as a Fire Instructor I - and also Wisconsin Certified Fire Instructor II (within 18 months of hire)
- Is certified as a Fire Inspector through the State of Wisconsin or NFPA
- Is certified in Wisconsin as an EMT
- Wisconsin Certified Driver/Operator Pumper
- Is certified in Wisconsin as a Driver/Operator Aerial
- Is certified in Wisconsin as a Fire Officer I
- Holds NIMS 100/200/300/400/700/800 300, 400 and within 18 months of the date of hire attain a CPR Instructor Certification
Additionally, the ideal candidate will also hold a paramedic certification.
The position’s salary range is $73,480 - $104,644. The starting salary range is $73,480 – $90,995 +/- DOQ. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume and a completed City of Mequon Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or City of Mequon, Human Resources, 11333 N Cedarburg Road, Mequon, WI 53092. All application materials must be turned in by 8:00 a.m. on October 29.