Cape Girardeau, MO
Cape Girardeau, Missouri – Fire Chief
The City of Cape Girardeau Fire Department delivers Fire, Rescue, BLS/ALS first‐response EMS, and Emergency Management services to an economically and ethnically diverse community of over 38,000 permanent residents located on the Mississippi River/Interstate 55 corridor in southeast Missouri. As a regional destination hub Cape’s population can swell up to 100,000 daily. The Fire Chief leads a force of 62 sworn personnel and four civilian employees working out of four fire stations strategically located throughout the City.
The City is seeking applications for a Fire Chief/Emergency Management Director. The Cape Girardeau Fire Department has developed into a very proficient and well‐respected agency in the region and in the State of Missouri. The new Fire Chief will be expected to establish his/her own distinct leadership style and set a clear direction for the Department and its personnel to continue to build and grow into an even better organization. As a department head answering directly to the City Manager in a Manager‐Council form of municipal government, the Fire Chief/Emergency Management Director is a key member of the City’s leadership team.
- 12‐15 years of progressively responsible experience in the fire service
- 5 years of experience as a chief officer in a similarly sized city or assistant chief in a larger community
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Experience working with IAFF local union under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Experience with Emergency Management
- Experience with Emergency Medical Services
- Master’s degree in a related field of study
- Completion of National Fire Academy’s Executive Fire Officers Program and/or completion of the Emergency Management Institute’s Emergency Management Professionals Program
- Current or past certification and experience as a paramedic
The starting salary range is $78,000 to $82,000 with growth opportunities to $119,000.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
For more information on this position contact:
Gary Holland, Senior Vice President
Strategic Government Resources